Saturday 10 October 2009

Initial Proposal 2

After the audience feedback from my initial proposal basically thought that I should re-create the storyline because there was not much room for improvement on the first proposal, I have done so now with this new idea, inspired by various horror films I have watched throughout the AS and A2 coursework research.

Name: Man's Best Friend
Synopsis: A man is on a run in the moors when he stumbled across a camp-site. The camp-site is deserted and all of the items are scattered around in a messy fashion. The tents and bags have blood splashes stained on them, and as the male hears the sound of a crow he looks up at a house that has thick smoke coming from above it. The male decides to go and investigate the house.

As he reaches the house, it is clear to the audience that this man knows something is not right, and that something wrong has happened in this location. As he walks up to the front door he notices a body laying on the ground, and from a closer look he soon realizes that this is not a person, this is a body!

As the male hears yet another menacing sound he quickly leaves the bodies site and runs inside the house slamming the front door behind him. A quick cut would then show a stray dog behind the male, it would then become clear to the audience that the dog was the sound that led the male to be so scared, and was following him all along.

Audience Feedback:
Just like with my other initial idea, I created an anamtic for this initial idea and showed it to a few chosen media students, I did this rather than showing it to a full class so I could have a better discussion with the person about the feedback.

Basically the people I asked liked the new idea, they thought it was a massive improvment and liked the fact I was able to take on board all their feedback to create this idea as now we could work on improve it even further.  

The people I asked though that I should now change the ending a little bit, and together we came up with the idea that the main character could find all this suspicious things that would suggest there was a murderer around, and then as a twist the audience could find out all along he was the murderer. This creates a much more better twist.

This means going back to my idea, adding in bits to make the ending work, and then thinking of how I could show him as the murderer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment